[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-T with MPEG2 decoder/TV-out

In message <3D81FC61.6070600@attglobal.net>
          Simon Manning <simon.manning@attglobal.net> wrote:

> I'm trying to acquire a DVB-T card with MPEG2 decoder and TV-out (unlike
> the Hauppauge Nova-t) without any luck.

This is no help to you, but...

I'm in the UK, and have the same problem.  I'd like a DVB-t card, with the
full MPEG-2 hardware etc., but it seems that Hauppauge won't market such a
device, and the Technotrend one is aimed at Europe.

From what I've read so far, it seems like I'll have to buy a 'full' DVB-s
card (e.g. Hauppauge Nexus-s) *and* a 'budget' DVB-t card (e.g. Hauppauge
Nova-t).  i.e. I'll use the MPEG-2 hardware in the DVB-s card, and the tuner
hardware in the DVB-t card!  Madness, I know!  :-(

--
Richard.

"Will you still need me, will you still feed me.  When I'm sixty-four."