[linux-dvb] Re: IP over DVB receiver cards for Linux

>   I'm looking for a card to receive IP over DVB to use with Linux 2.4
> (probably Mandrake 9.0).
>   I will not need to receive any picture (MPEG or other multimedia), just
> plain standards-based IP over DBV.
I'd buy a WinTV-nova (the cheap one), as it supports the delivery of the
full TS, and thus it does not suffer from any bandwith-problems like the
other cards (the pentamedia uses afaicr the GTX chipset, which has only a
very slow interface to it's dram (<1.5MB/s, unless they did something
magical). "Normal" WinTVs (with mpeg decoder) seem to have similar problems.

felix