[linux-dvb] Re: problems with dmxSctFilterParams and NEWSTRUCT

Hi,

I have spent the last hour or so trying to get the output you have
requested.  I have concluded it is quite difficult to get it because the
sysrq stuff does not seem to log the information it dumps to the
screen.  I am sure the sysrq commands are  being recognized because I can
force the machine to reboot.

The last thing I am trying is

cat /proc/kmsg >file

and killing klogd before doing that.

nope, it refuses to give me the needed logging.  I need another volounteer
to find this.  either that or a better way to get the information that is
required.

_J

In the new year, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Jaakko Hyv_tti wrote:
> >   For what it is worth, I can confirm that letting EPG scan channels after
> > the inactivity timeout kills the DVB NEWSTRUCT drivers.  In my case
> > make rmmod; make insmod solves the driver lockup.  I am using vdr-1.1.8 as
> > the later versions lock up the machine quite quickly and I am too lazy to
> > find out why.
>
> could please one of you try to find out where exactly it hangs? When you
> caused a lockup, use alt-sysrq-p (in the context of the locked process)
> or alt-sysrq-t to generate the call trace for the dead process and then
> please collect the symbol names for the EIP and call trace adresses.
>
> You have to enable the sysrq key in your kernel config to let this work.
>
> A list of symbol names including those of the loaded modules you can
> generate using
>
> $ cat /proc/ksyms | sort | less
>
> thanks for your help,
>
> Holger