[linux-dvb] Re: problems with dmxSctFilterParams and NEWSTRUCT

I put up a serial console.  works fine now, with the exception that I need
to go and physically use the kbd--my lilo.conf adds

console=ttyS1,115200 console=tty0

to the usuals on the append line.  It does not seem to like a break, which
is supposed to be a sysrq (and yes I have enabled sysrq in proc)

_J

In the new year, Holger Waechtler wrote:
> Jeremy Hall wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have spent the last hour or so trying to get the output you have
> > requested.  I have concluded it is quite difficult to get it because the
> > sysrq stuff does not seem to log the information it dumps to the
> > screen.  I am sure the sysrq commands are  being recognized because I can
> > force the machine to reboot.
>
> You can enable Kernel messages on consoles using "dmesg -n 8", disable
> them again using "dmesg -n 1". If you're under X11 you can use xconsole
> to display kernel messages. In any case you might want to configure
> /etc/syslog.conf so that all kernel messages go to /dev/tty9 or so and
> all kernel and emergency messages to all consoles when you are working
> on kernel drivers. Add something like this to /etc/syslog.conf:
>
> *.emerg;kern.*                  *
> *.*                             /dev/tty9
> *.*                             |/dev/xconsole
>

> Holger

From field.