[linux-dvb] Re: Single stream or entire MPTS?

The full featured card I have seems to behave a bit wierdly.  On all
versions of the driver, including NEWSTRUCT, if the channels are FTA, one
can get at the PES streams independently by specifying DMX_PES_OTHER and
DMX_OUT_TAP.

But if you try that with a crypted stream, in some earlier versions of the
code you got no output.  In recent versions, you get unintelligable
output.

If you specify DMX_PES_AUDIO or DMX_PES_VIDEO and not DMX_OUT_TS_TAP, you
manipulate what is sent to the decoder, and can access the stream that is
going to the decoder, crypted or not.

That seems to be my observations.  If I can do something  better, let me
know.

_J

In the new year, Philip Armstrong wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 05:07:41PM +0100, Graeme Ogilvie wrote:
> > Silly question probably, but I haven't seen a definitive answer anywhere
> > yet.
> >
> > Do you have access to the entire transport stream (i.e. all programmes)
> > or just a single programme?
>
> I believe it depends which card you have. The 'budget' cards (which
> don't have an mpeg2 decoder or TVout) give you access to the full
> stream, whereas afaik the full featured ones don't.
>
> Can anyone else confirm this?
>
> Phil
>
> --
> http://www.kantaka.co.uk/ .oOo. public key: http://www.kantaka.co.uk/gpg.txt