[linux-dvb] Re: example of how to get TS_PAYLOAD_ONLY?

Hi,

sabbi wrote:

> Hi,
>
> sorry if this message is duplicated, but I believe I sent it to the wrong
> address previously, so here it is:
>

> can anyone show an example of how to get TS_PAYLOAD_ONLY out
> of a TS, please?

Hmm, don't know what you mean. TS_PAYLOAD_ONLY is defined in the
internal header files, it's not part of the public API. I should move
demux.h into the driver directory.

> Another problem I have is that
> in a program I'm writing,  when I try to read directy from a previously
> open()ed and ioctl()ed demux, following the usual poll() and
> read() procedure,
> nothing comes out, yet the board is tuned and correctly set:

If you want to get a TS you have to read from the dvr filedescriptor
while the demux fd is still open. As alternative you can get PES packets
from the demux filedescriptor when you set the output to memory.

I extended szap to route the stream to the dvr device last days, I can
commit this now as example. Call

$ ./szap -r n-tv

in one console and let it run, then

$ cat /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 > /tmp/stream.ts

in another console to save the transport stream. Later you can use the
mpegtools to convert this into a program stream.

hope this helps,

Holger