[linux-dvb] Re: OT - where to buy

At 14:28 4.10.2002 -0400, JosceH@netscape.net wrote:
>The Siemens DVB-C PCI card does NOT support QAM 128, despite
>the manuals claim that it does. When my card didn't work I contacted
>Siemens, and this is the response i got:
>
>   sorry, but this seems to be a error in your manual. Attached to this
>   email you will find the right manual for your DVB-C card.

Don't tell that to my Siemens DVB-C because it does work with QAM128 :) At
least my card (old Siemens rev. 1 according to lspci) has Philips VES1820
chip and after I patched correct register values from datasheets to linux
DVB drivers it started working with QAM128 here in Finland. Windows drivers
do not support QAM128.

Marko Kenttälä, Software Engineer
TERAFLOPS Ltd., Member of Elektrobit Group
Mobile: +358407501832, Fax: +35832619255
http://www.teraflops.com, http://www.elektrobit.com