[linux-dvb] Re: Time till channel has lock

On Wednesday 09 October 2002 20:25, Martin Neuditschko wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I am using a Hauppauge DVB-c Cable-Card,
> kernel-2.4.18,
> Newstruct driver snapshot from today (09.10.02)
> UPC-Telekabel-Austria -> QAM_256
>
> If I start "./czap RTL2" sometimes it only uses about 5 seconds
> to lock the channel, but sometimes it uses up to 2 minutes.
> I have tested this one channel only (RTL2).
> I mean I started "czap RTL2", waited till channel is locked,
> killed czap and started "czap RTL2" again without switching to
> any other channel.
>
> If I use the newstruct driver snapshot from 08.09.02 it is much
> faster. Some ideas about the problem?

I have exactly the same problem here (cable Berlin, Germany, and for other
frequencies, too).  driver versions from early september (8.9.02)  work well.

Until now we thought, my card was the only one that showed this behavior and
so we don't put much effort in solving this problem. but maybe now ...

did anybody else has the same problem?

andreas poethke.