[linux-dvb] Re: Fwd: dvb-patch for 2.5er kernels

Gregoire Favre wrote:
 > On Sun, Oct 13, 2002 at 07:21:26PM +0200, Andreas Schultz wrote:
 >

 >>I've create a set of Config.in and Makefiles for 2.5. Archive is at:
 >>http://warp10.net/dvd/dvb-make.tgz
 >

 > Great, which driver they are made against?

Sorry, should have been more precise. It's agains NEWSTRUCT drirectly
from CVS with Martin Fahr's patch (patch-dvb.ns.20020913.maf.bz2)
applied and linux-2.5.42.

The Config.in and Makefiles are for in-Kernel-Source-Tree builds only.
You need to copy the driver with DVB/driver/patchkernel into you kernel
source tree, replace the Config.in and Makefiles with the ones from my
archive manualy and enable the driver in the kernel config.

remaining problems:

   - the USB driver did not compile for me
   - the Makefiles for the margi amd em8300 have not been converted
   - builds outside the kernel source tree do not work

  > And without preempt, are you able to use xawtv with it?

Sorry, i have no X on the box. But vdr runs find. Also, i probably made
a mistake when testing the PREEMPT kernel, so it might run even with
preemption enabled.

Andreas