[linux-dvb] Re: Patch for cards with the Philips CD1516 tunerbox (spXXXX?)

Hi,

Dennis Noordsij wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have applied this patch, but still no luck with tuning a Siemens DVB-C
> (driver identifies it as a revision 1.5 ?)
>
> As a bonus, and I don't know if this is related to the patch or just me :-) I
> sometimes get the following error (which I never saw when using a Hauppauge
> before):
>
> root@filter dvbtune # ./dvbtune -f 162000000 -s 6900
> Using DVB card "VES1820/Grundig tuner as used on the Siemens DVB-C card"
> tuning DVB-C to 162000000, srate=6900000
> polling....
> Getting frontend event
> FE_GET_EVENT: Value too large for defined data type

This is the errno -EOVERFLOW. you get it when your application does not
reads frontend events often enough, the event ringbuffer is overflown.
it's usually safe to ignore this error value in the application and read
all events up to the last one. This one should always be valid.

Holger