[linux-dvb] Re: libdvb and dvbscan

 Hi Juha,

On Ne, 2002-10-13 at 02:06, Juha Yrjölä wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I started hacking together a general-purpose DVB library. It can be
> downloaded at:
>
> http://jemmari.tky.hut.fi/dvb/libdvb.tar.gz
>
> It's very much work-in-progress at the moment, but I put it there so you
> can see what the API is going to be like. The package includes only one
> test program, ingeniously called 'dvbscan'. It will parse the PAT, SDT
> and PMT tables and print out all the services. At least here at the
> university campus it did. =) Your mileage may vary. In the future
> dvbscan will be able to scan through a number of frequencies, and output
> the channel list in various formats.
>
> You will have to specify your DVB driver include directory in Makefile
> for the package to compile correctly. A recent CVS version of the driver
> is required.

it's a great job. Do you plan to "sourceforgetize" it? I would like
to use your lib in my development on implementation a DVB module
for Pike programming language, so you can expect some patches
to your library from me :)

BTW, I made a patch to use your library with "preNEWSTRUCT" DVB
driver, as I can't update to a recent version for some reason.
Is it possible to add preNEWSTRUCT capabilities to your code?

/Honza