[linux-dvb] Slightly OT Satellite question

Hi,

Enough for the cable stuff for now, new question :)

I live in Finland, but am originally from Holland. There are a lot of Dutch
channels on Astra, but all-but-one are encrypted, afaik with SECA. I'd like
to be able to get some shows from there to follow what is going on over
there.

Suppose I would get a dish setup (which I can't where I currently live
unfortunately - but I'll move for it! :) to receive Astra, what do I need to
do to receive those encrypted channels, and, most importantly, will that work
with the linux DVB drivers?

I suppose I could get the smartcard through a relative, and pay the
subscription from a Dutch bank account, which would all be legal (lots of
strange Dutch people go on holidays with a satellite dish on top of their
campervans so they don't miss a single day of soap programming! For German
fans, that'd be the original of Gute Zeiten Slechte Zeiten! :) then find the
appropriate CAM module, and if it's supported in Linux, I'd be in business?
:)

A friend has an FTA Astra setup close to where I live, with a 85cm dish I
think, (or thats what I read is what is needed this far up north, the dishes
here point to ground more than they point up!! :) and reception is fine,
except during snowstorms :)

I am not 100% sure which CAM/CI/smartcard etc is used, so I am hoping someone
on this list knows, afaik all Dutch channels use the same system, as the
encryption is only used because the rights have been paid for Holland only,
the channels themselves are not pay-channels (standard package on cable in
Holland).

Cheers,
Dennis