[linux-dvb] Re: Any way to mux two PES streams/files to a PS stream?

Hello Marcus

Big thanks for taking the time to answer my mail. However I really don't get
what you try to tell me, maybe it's too early in the morning for me :-).

Anyways, yes you are correct the TIVO "mpeg" file is mux however in it's very
own way.  Even if I manage to throw away all proprietary information I still
endup with a muxed PES stream (both audio and video present in the stream)
without any PS information in the stream at all.

Now reading the MPEG2 standard part 1, made it obvious to me that the right
way to go was to have two (or more) PES streams extracted from the TIVO file
and then mux them to a MPEG2 PS stream.

I assume that I can't just do "mplex -t MPEG2 -i PS_STREAM  -i
tivo_muxed_pesfile  -o out.mpg" since the raw tivo file with proprietary
information removed isn't a PS stream.

In the dvb-mpeg tools I see tools such as pes2ts  but it only take one PES
stream and not two (or more) hence I will endup with a TS that only has e.g.
audio.

In regards to sending you a TIVO stream I think it's easier for me to write a
prog that parses the TIVO stream, and send that along with some streams. The
tivo stream is very messy to be modest - just sending you a stream and you
will not be able to interpert it. E.g. it's packaged in a Chunk format each
chunk having 128k of data, in each chunk you have a header with "pointers" to
each "mpeg" "record" in the chunk" . Records can span several chunks, there
can be duplicatied chunks, and so on :(.

Since I'm hacking a extractor of PES (or ES) streams from the tivo file it
will include a parser, it will propaby take me a week before it's in a
somewhat stable state. I will then send it to you so you can have a look if
you can fold it in to the mpeg-tools package of mpeg related programs.

Ahh, while at it the output type of DVD in mplex, how complete is it? Will it
just create holes for the NAV packs or is it a real thing with real data in
the NAV packs?

Cheers Olaf