[linux-dvb] Re: dvb tune

On Monday 21 Oct 2002 11:26 pm, Dave Chapman wrote:
> On Monday 21 October 2002 22:20, maroi wrote:
> > > why dvb tune is not working with latest dvb drivers ?
> >
> > or is there any other ulility to tune my dvb card to some freq and then
> > it be able to bring up the network interface ?
>
> Can you be more specific?  Are you using the latest CVS versions of both
> dvbtune and the DVB drivers?
>
> They are working for me (with a Nova-t card), but I haven't tested the
> DVB-S (or DVB-C) support.

I'm getting a similar problem, I have everything CVS from Monday evening and
dvbtune is able to get data with low error rates, but there is no service
information! Whatever frequency I try I get:

nothing to read from fd_pat

or similar. This is with a homespun 2.4.19 kernel. I'm just moving the card to
another machine where I'll rebuild DVB with a stock RedHat 7.3 (2.4.18-3)
kernel (making sure my headers etc are right of course)

	--Jasper