[linux-dvb] NEWSTRUCT questions

Hi,

we're currently porting all our D-BOX2 driver to the NEWSTRUCT API's and
running into major problems with the new i2c layer.

The i2c layer works pretty well as long as the i2c adapter is part of the dvb
adapter. On our STB there are three i2c controller. Two of them are not part
of the dvb adapter and so not under the control of the dvb i2c layer.

The frontends of our STB are attached to one of the "external" i2c adapters.
Because of this we are running into problems when attaching the frontends to
the dvb adapter.

Currently i'm not aware of any possible workaround for this situation. We've
tried to register a dummy i2c bus at the dvb i2c layer. Then fe's can
properly attach to the dvb adapter. But we have to deal with the i2c messages
ourself. And there is no way to enumerate the availible i2c busses on the
linux i2c api. So we dont can't send the messages inside the dummy i2c bus
xfer_msg proc.

To work around this problem again we have to register the frontend to the
linux i2c layer too, as soon it is attached to our dummy dvb i2c bus.

This is a very ugly hack. Maybe there is a smarter solution to this kind of
problem. It would be nice if someone can elaborate on this subject.

Another simple question:

FE_CAN_FEC_x_y does it tell the api the fe can do fec x/y or does it tell the
fe can be forced to operate in fec x/y mode. We've a fe which is able to do
fec x/y but can only operate in auto fec mode. So do we need to set
FE_CAN_FEC_x_y AND FE_CAN_FEC_AUTO or just FE_CAN_FEC_AUTO?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Regards,
    Florian Schirmer