[linux-dvb] Re: DMX_PES_OTHER (Re: ARM crashes, what can I do to help?)

Jaakko Hyvätti wrote:

>   Hi all,
>
>   Lately I have come to a conclusion that the garbled recordings I get can
> be avoided by not using DMX_PES_OTHER.  If I force the the old firmware
> behaviour, ie. use of the DMX_PES_VIDEO/AUDIO in vdr-1.1.14/dvbdevice.c by
> forcing LiveView = true, the recordings stay error free.  If I let vdr to
> use DMX_PES_OTHER, the recordings are hurt.  I cannot be 100% sure this is
> the only factor affecting the quality, but it seems very much so.
>
>   Would this make any sense to you firmware developers?  Maybe OSD/MPEG
> decoder code there does not have the overruns or other bugs we have
> suspected but the DMX_PES_OTHER code?

All my recordings are done with DMX_PES_OTHER, and I don't have any
problems with garbled recordings. I even did a recording and simultaneous
replay with a single DVB card, without any problems. I did, though, take
care not to use the OSD too intesively while replaying _and_ recordings,
since this is known to maybe cause ARM crashes. When I did only the recording,
intensively using the OSD did not damage it in any way (which I verified when
later replaying the part where I had intensively used the OSD).

I'm using a DVB-S with driver 2002-10-18, HEAD version.

Klaus