[linux-dvb] Re: [RFC] USB DVB design

----- Original Message -----
From: "Holger Waechtler" <holger@convergence.de>
To: "Jean-Claude Repetto" <jrepetto@francenet.fr>
Cc: "Linux-dvb" <Linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 2:46 PM
Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: [RFC] USB DVB design

> Jean-Claude Repetto wrote:
> >
> > BTW, what do you think about adding an IR receiver on the board ? A
timer of
> > the FX2 could be used to measure the lengths of pulses and spaces, which
> > would then be transmitted to the PC.
>
> nice idea. Would you like to make the required changes and send me an
> eagle script which executes them on the schematic?

Sorry, I have never used Eagle, so it will be done more easily by the author
of the current schematic.

First, we have to choose an IR receiver. The LIRC project recommends the
Vishay TSOP1738
(http://www.vishay.com/docs/tsop17.pdf), very easy to use. Only two
resistors and a capacitor are needed (look at the application circuit on
page 2 of the data sheet).

Then we have to choose on which pin of the FX2 it will be connected. I
suggest the PA1/INT1 pin.

I have another question about the tuner interface :
Since the FX2 is connected to a 3.3V power supply, Voh is guaranted to be
only higher than 2.4V.
Are the data bus and control bus of the tuner working in 5V or 3.3 V ? I'd
like to look at the data sheet of the tuner to check if Vih(min) <= 2.4 V,
but I have not found it (I suppose you have it, but perhaps there is a NDA
?).

Jean-Claude