[linux-dvb] AW: [emard@softhome.net: Re: Multicast crash bug]

I?m nearly shure that?s NOT the bandwidth, because the PID 252 I used only
has about 2Mbit and the 253 under 1Mbit.
And the same Error!
Bernd

On Tue, Dec 10, 2002 at 10:34:55AM +0100, Bernd Muller-Rathgeber wrote:
> Hi,
>
> same Problem with DVB-C (Fujitsu-Siemens) and every IP-Service.
> Tunning to T-DSL (Astra 19,2 10773kHz 22000;5/6; PID 251,252,253)
Mulitcast,
> Web-Radio or Unicast, after sometime (10 Seconds to 10 Minutes) the Card
> crashes.
> But with me only the Card crashes (ARM crashed in syslog) and not the
whole
> System.
> (uses latest CVS and SuSE8.0)
> Where may be the Problem??

Yes, I tested the same thing with my TT DVB-S v1.3 card.
Few minutes after I tune to the TP111 PID 768 multicast stream,
I got some message about ARM crashed. During the first
few minutes, iptraf reports 7.5 Mbit data rate at DVB-S,
while it should be only 4 Mbit (as stated on their website
and reported by the TT budged).

I think for DVB-S ARM the bandwidth is to high to the ARM
to handle and somewhere in the firmware it crashes. But
on the e.g. Budget cards, the bandwidth should be no problem.

Now I'm just running multicast reception with on Budget
with promiscuous mode enabled and iptraf running just to
pinpoint if the crash can be reproduced without the bridge
and vmware processes running.