[linux-dvb] Re: dvbsak

On Thu, 2002-12-12 at 22:14, Luc de Louw wrote:

> Maybe my Cable Provider (Cablecom Switzerland) does use other frequencies?

Most likely does. AFAIK, the frequencies used here are pretty much
unique.

> I've got no idea how to get the stuff running on Linux.
> On the same box if I boot to Windooze XP it works, but I dont like to use
> Windooze....

It's enough that you find one transport stream which has NIT's (Network
Information Tables) for the other transport streams on the network.
dvbsak will save the information (including the frequencies) in
~/.dvb/channels.conf. You might find out some frequencies (you also need
to know the modulation and symbol rate) from Windows, though. I don't
know how (probably from config files somewhere), but maybe someone else
has an idea.

Cheers,
Juha