[linux-dvb] Re: Timing recording

Hi Honza

The problem with EPG data is not only how quickly the provider will update them, but more how data will sync width video content.
Actually, I don't know any provider who send EPG data synchronized with program at a precision less than one second.
But, I know that some expensive and closed solutions exist to make frame recognition in a stream. So, it could be implemented in opensource...
Has anyone done it? Or interested to do so ?

Gerard.

Honza Petrous wrote:
On Čt, 2002-12-12 at 17:30, Sergei Haller wrote:

On 12 Dec 2002, Honza Petrous (HP) wrote:

HP> I think that you should play with EPG data (if they are any).
HP> I guess it is only real solution for (not only) your problem.

I'm ot an expert in EPG data, but AFAIK you can't trust the EPG date, at
least not up to a second.

I'm not expert either. But what should be an alternative for VPS
signalling in DVB world? I guess that EPG whould be fine. But
it depends on how "quickly" provider update EPG event in stream.

/Honza

Home | Main Index | Thread Index