[linux-dvb] Re: DVB-to-Unicode translation tables

hi,

> They are all covered by iconv() in glibc. Below are suitable iconv
> encoding identifiers:
Ah ok, so enconding 0 is the normal Latin1, which maps 1:1 to the first 256
characters of Unicode/UCS (or whatever it's called)?

For the other tables i found tables at www.unicode.org, so i now have 5
128-entry arrays, and i don't need iconv. It seems to work fine.

Are there any transponders on 19.2E or 13E which use some obscure encoding?
i really like to see 0x11 in action or some cyrillic or arabic chars (but
then i first have to take another look at RTL  and especially MIXING RTL and
LTR in one paragraph.. uh.. i shouldn't have used my own font renderer...)

I have to admit that i forgot the possibility of using iconv for that..

thanks anyway,
felix