[linux-dvb] Re: Problems with dvb-t

Ok this is probably going to be easily answered as I am fairly new to
linux.
I have a nova-t dvb card, the drivers 'make' and 'make insmod' with no
problems and I have /dev/dvb
The problem I have is trying to use dvbstream and dvbtune, they give the
errors FRONTEND_DEVICE : no such file or directory and DEMUX_DEVICE : no
such file or directory.
I got some similar problem and I'm using dvb-s :

./dvbtune -f 11283000 -p V -s 27500
FD 7: fd_dvr DEMUX DEVICE: : No such file or directory

I had to make a little change in the Makefile :
INCS=-I /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3/drivers/media/video/margi -I /usr/include/libxml2

then make :

make
gcc -Wall -I /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3/drivers/media/video/margi -I /usr/include/libxml2   -c -o tune.o tune.c
gcc -Wall -I /usr/src/linux-2.4.18-3/drivers/media/video/margi -I /usr/include/libxml2    dvbtune.c tune.o   -o dvbtune
dvbtune.c: In function `xmlify':
dvbtune.c:116: warning: implicit declaration of function `strcpy'
dvbtune.c: In function `set_dpid':
dvbtune.c:342: warning: implicit declaration of function `memset'
dvbtune.c: In function `main':
dvbtune.c:1005: warning: implicit declaration of function `strcmp'

I don't know if this is normal, but the dvbtune got compiled anyway. Then, when I try to tune, it just won't work.

./dvbtune -f 11283000 -p V -s 27500
FD 7: fd_dvr DEMUX DEVICE: : No such file or directory

And for my case, I did do "makedev.napi". So the problem can't be there.

I can use the ntuxplayer application, that works. And the szap application works fine also. I wish I could use the szap for entering directly into the command line the frequency, symb rate, and everything else just like dvbtune does, with all these options, without having to use the "~/.szap/channels.conf" file.

Regards,
--
Alexandre CONRAD
Research & Development