[linux-dvb] dvb stream stops after 5 secs...

Hi

I have nova-t, and I am now testing DVB driver and dvbtools/dvbstream
downloaded yesterday.

(as a side note, in my first test I got my computer crashed, with
 blinking Caps Lock and Scroll Lock lights. I played al little with
 insmodding, tried to do that manuall first, but then reverted to the
 `make insmod'. Now after trying ./dvbstream ... | mplayer ... The
 machine crashed. The same thing has happened with old driver last
 time in July...
 If anyone know how I could debug such thing, I could try to push
 the system and try to recreate a situation when it crashes -- after
 that first time it has not crashed, but I've been gentle with it).

First, I "installed" modules to the running kernel using `make insmod'
(after makedev.napi of course), and when using DVB with
./dvbstream and mplayer the system worked quite well, I could watch
digital television (though I once got jerky pictures with broken
macroblocks all the time -- that went away after rerun. I'd quess
the jerkiness becan when my machine started updatdb cycle, but it
did not go away after updatedb was ready -- but that is just wild
quess).

Well, after that I decided to do `make install' in DVB/driver -directory
and then appended modules.conf to /etc/modules.conf (on Red Hat 8.0 machine)
and then rebooted

After reboot I tried running dvbstream ... | mplayer ... It did not work.
The I tried the same as root. Did not work either. Ok. Let's try to
add `alias char-major-250 dvb-ttpci', analogy to some other stuff;
now I have at the end of /etc/modules.conf:

probeall /dev/dvb dvb-ttpci
alias char-major-250 dvb-ttpci
alias /dev/dvb/* /dev/dvb
below dvb-ttpci alps_bsru6 alps_bsrv2 grundig_29504-401
add below dvb-ttpci grundig_29504-491 ves1820 alps_tdmb7 alps_tdlb7

Now. dvbstream -f $FREQ $VPID $APID -ps -o | \
     mplayer -quiet -hardframedrop $DXROPTS -cache 2048 -

worked ... but only something like 5 seconds, then video stalled. rerun.
same happened. Hmm, maybe that option in insmod target:
dvb_shutdown_timeout=0 affects it.
-- or then maybe not. anyway. Now I run `top' on another window.
Now I saw kdvb-fe... visiting the TOP listing. after a while I could
not find it in top or ps outputs.

So, does the missing option dvb_shutdown_timeout affect like i described,
or is there still something missing in /etc/modules.conf? Or does
dvbstream open the device wrong way so that it closes itself...

Tomi