[linux-dvb] Re: How to compil dvb CVS with 2.5.52?

Hello Gregoire,

 > I am too stupid to understand the README: with 2.5.52 should I patch
 > with both :

[...]
 > And then the makelinks /usr/src/linux-2.5.52-dvb

Yes, you did it right.

 > It then don't compil and i have to patch with the patch sent to this
 > list the Wed, 11 Dec 2002 10:53:43 +1100 from Rusty Russell:

No, you don't have to.

You discovered the "new" av7110, which has been ported to a new saa7146
driver core, before I had the time to officially announced it.

 >> From my .config:
 >

 > CONFIG_DVB=y
 > CONFIG_DVB_CORE=y
 > CONFIG_DVB_DEVFS_ONLY=y
 > CONFIG_DVB_ALPS_BSRV2=m
 > CONFIG_DVB_AV7110=m
 > CONFIG_DVB_AV7110_OSD=y
 > CONFIG_VIDEO_SAA7146=m
 > CONFIG_VIDEO_VIDEOBUF=m
 >
 > Well, could you explain me what's wrong with my way to compil it?

Unfortunately, you have to check "Character Devices->I2C support->I2C
support", too, otherwise the saa7146 driver will not be build correctly.

If you plan to compile the driver as a module, make sure to install
Rusty's "module-init-tools", so you can actually load the modules with
2.5.x.

 > Thank you very much,
 >     Grégoire

Please have a look at my "official" announcement on the list later today.

CU
Michael.