[linux-dvb] Internet via sat: found a temp solution!

Hi!

I have a Nexus-s DVB card that I use for internet via sat
but I had problems with ARM crashes and duplicate packets when pinging.

However, I found a way to go around these problems until
somebody finds the real error:

In DVB/driver/dvb_net.c I found two pices of code that sets the mac filters:

First set the unicast mac:

   dvb_net_filter_set(dev, &priv->secfilter, mac);

then set a list of multicast mac adresses:

   for (i=1; i<priv->multi_num; i++)
            dvb_net_filter_set(dev, &priv->secfilter,
                               priv->multi_macs[i]);

If I outcomment the first OR second one and recompile then it works, no crashes or duplicate packets!
Have tested for 48 hours now!

Since both ways works it must mean that the card is in promiscuous mode all the time
or else I would not get my data when outcommenting the first unicast filter.
(ifconfig dvb0_0 also shows a constant flow of data all the time)

/G. Lindberg
MCT Brattberg AB
Sweden

http://www.mctbrattberg.se