[linux-dvb] Re: Driver doesn't replay recordings from RTL

Oliver Endriss wrote:

> Klaus Schmidinger wrote:
> > Since yesterday (maybe even earlier) the driver (CVS version
> > 2002-12-08) doesn't replay (new) recordings from RTL any more. It
> > behaves just as if it had been set into "pause" mode.
>
> Maybe this is the same bug I wrote about in the thread
> "Hard time reading MPEG2s + Sat lock with Hauppage WinTV Nexus DVB-s":
> | Some recordings done with vdr 1.0.4 won't replay cleanly. I started
> | looking into this and found that the problem disappeared when I
> | replaced the firmware (Root, Dpram) of the new driver with that of the
> | 1.0.4 driver.
>
> Could you try the old firmware with the new driver?

Ok, looks like the problem is in the firmware.
I tried the firmware from 2002-06-23 with driver 2002-12-08 and VDR 1.1.20
and it replayed new RTL recordings just fine.

Further tests showed that the problem was introduced between 2002-09-18 and
2002-09-19, which is apparently the date when the firmware switched from

 254324 Apr 15  2002 Root

 254444 Aug 30 12:50 Root

Since I have been using this new firmware for quite a while and it always
worked fine with recordings from RTL I still assume that RTL must have
changed something in their data format that triggers a bug in the new firmware.

So, once again, we're at a point where we have to hope that one of the
driver developers will find the time to fix this in the firmware...

Klaus