[linux-dvb] Re: Lots of unresolved symbols with new CVS driver(Re: Re: Announcement: new saa7146 driver core for the av7110 dvb driver)

Hello John,

> Below is the output of the 'make', which was run after make clean &&
> ./getlinks. The only thing I can see, which is probably irrelevant is that
> the DKBUILD_BASENAME appears to be video_buf whereas the it compiles to
> video-buf.o.

Thanks, so "video-buf.o" gets build, but ...

AFAIK for 2.5.x the build system now deprecates files with a "-" in it
and converts these to use "_" instead.

The module-tools (ie. insmod, modprobe) for 2.5.x can handle these too,
they simply change all "-" to "_", too.

Perhaps 2.4.20 has the same "features" but the module-tools do not
handle it properly? I don't know, I still use 2.4.18 -- I'll try 2.4.20
tomorrow.

What does "find /lib/modules -iname "*video*" say ?

CU
Michael.