[linux-dvb] Re: Hauppauge Nova-T setup?

On Wed, 2003-01-15 at 23:42, Gavin Hamill wrote:
[...]
> should be enough to give you a long XML list of channels. Four of the
> muxes use -qam 16 -cr 3_4, the other two (the ITV/C4 one and the C5/QVC
> one) use -qam 64 -cr 2_3.

Yay! Nearly.

I have it *this close* to working.

I looked up Hannington and put together the following scan_uk script:

$DVBTUNE -c $CARD -f 706167 -i
$DVBTUNE -c $CARD -f 650167 -i
$DVBTUNE -c $CARD -f 626167 -i
$DVBTUNE -c $CARD -f 674167 -i
$DVBTUNE -c $CARD -f 658167 -i
$DVBTUNE -c $CARD -f 634167 -i

I don't know what the right settings for -qam and -cr were, or even what
they are, so I left them out. The 634167 kHz transponder works fine so
I'm using that for testing. I got the dvbstream you recommended in your
other message, looked up MTV Europe (which I know I get) and did:

./dvbstream -f 634167 -ps -o 201 202 | mplayer -

I got about five seconds of choppy, broken up video and sound ---
recognisably MTV --- and then it stalled.

I did some investigation and found that dvbstream gives me between three
and four megabytes of data and then just stalls for some reason. I've
tried various combinations --- just video, just audio, multicast
broadcasting, stdin/out broadcasting, etc --- and it always does this.
It always times out at five seconds.

Any suggestions?

(Incidentally, stdio streaming is always choppy, multicast streaming is
crystal clear. Well, for five seconds.)

--
David Given
dg@cowlark.com