[linux-dvb] Re: is twinhan dvbs-ci supported?

Hi Ralph,

Ralph Metzler wrote:
Am Dienstag, 21. Januar 2003 11:13 schrieb Ralph Metzler:

a.schinkel@vosschemie.de writes:
> hi ppl!
> > does one know if this one is supported? i donīt know which chipset is on it.
> > http://www1.alternate.de/html/nodes_info/jk-w01.html

No, the twinhan card is not supported.

OK, at least the Linux drivers written by Twinhan seem to be publically available now at http://www.usa-x.org/down/index.php

But they are using their own API and are not open sourced (only some
applications which come with it).
Furthermore, a short disassembly and comparison of strings reveals
that at least some parts of the driver contain code from BTTV, the
Bt8x8 Linux driver.
have you tried estimate how many work would be required to modifiy our driver for bt878-based cards to get the Twinhans working?

Peter Hettkamp wrote this driver initialy for Pinnacle's PCTV cards a while ago and Florian Schirmer ported it to the 2.5 tree last weeks. He also added support for bt878 based Nebula DVB-T cards.

Holger