[linux-dvb] Re: AW: an easy question...

 ----- Original Message -----
 From: "Alexis Guerin" <alexis.guerin@isep.fr>
 To: <linux-dvb@linuxtv.org>
 Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 12:40 PM
 Subject: [linux-dvb] Re: AW: an easy question...

 > Sorry, I just read my message again and it was indeed not very clear.
> I want to have the DVB card in a server to receive MPEG-2 streams from the
> sattelite and then stream them in MPEG-4 format on o LAN.

You can do the following:

 VDR-solution (only one stream at a time):

 1.) install current DVB-driver
2.) install VDR-1.1.x (x >=20)
3.) install ffmpeg
4.) install stream-plugin for VDR and select ffserver for output
5.) setup the script for sending the stream from stream-stdout to ffserver
by using ffmpeg
6.) setup your ffserver.conf to provide the feed in MPEG4

Selfmade (unlimited number of streams):

Add the DVB-API to ffserver. This way ffserver could directly tune the
DVB-cards and provide several streams at the same time and every stream in
different formats/codecs at the same time.

Or:

Write a ffserver-plugin for VDR.

Rene