[linux-dvb] Re: setting audio level on DVB-c cards

On Thu, Feb 06, 2003 at 12:40:14PM +0100, Gerhard Steiner wrote:
> some time ago there was a discussion about setting the
> volume level on a DVB-c card.

What kind of DVB-C card? The Fujitsu-Siemens with analog module?

> Since I switch to new driver (from Klaus's homepage), the
> volume level on my card is incredible low.

Please be more specific. What driver worked better, and which
driver are you using now?

> Increasing the volume with vdr does not help.
> Only increasing the volume on my TV-set helps, but I have to
> turn it to the maximum and then it is very noisy (from the
> amplifier of my TV-set).
>
> What can I do? Is there any patch?
> Would it be possible to increase the volume level directly
> within the driver code?

If you want to experiment yourself, grep for "volume" in av7110.c
(formerly called dvb.c), and compare what your old and new
driver do differently.

Johannes