[linux-dvb] Re: Updated Linux DVB API documentation available

Il giorno Mon, 10 Feb 2003 15:29:37 +0100, in uno stato di totale
incoscienza,
Johannes Stezenbach <js@convergence.de> casualmente disse:

> Hi all,
>
> I've spend some hours on updating the DVB API documentation.
> It's still not complete, but currently I don't have time to
> do more work on it.

Thanks Johannes!
There are only some rows ending over the right border (in the PDF
document).

Two questions.
1)
The DVB API version in the DVB CVS branch is 3. That's OK. Henning
Holtschneider saves a daily copy to his site (dvb-newstruct), but the
version in thi case is 2: why? Doesn't he save a copy directly from DVB
CVS?
2)
There are currently 5 versions of the drivers. Is this correct?
a) the old drivers (before october 2002). Still mantained for debugging?
Is these the "dvb-yyyymmdd" in Henning site?
b) Metzler's drivers (after the "ramification")
c) HEAD branch (ex NEWSTRUCT, i.e. the DVB module in CVS)
d) dvb-kernel drivers (dvb-kernel module in CVS)
e) dvb-newstruct-yyyymmdd in Henning site (???, API version 2, why?)

Well, I'm trying to find the time to write a good documentation,
from DVB in general (written for my thesis, I only must
translate it in (an acceptable) English, to DVB for Linux with drivers,
API, softwares, links, etc. etc.

--
bye,
aded