[linux-dvb] How to check signal after szap?

I am making a bash script for tunning DVB Nova card. I am using szap for
tunning and I would like to check if there is signal after szaping to
desired channel (because I would like to tune to the previous used channel
when there is no signal). Of course it can be recognised from the szap
output to screen (FE_HAS _LOCK or somehow like this), but it cannot be
tested in script. I have been trying several things such as redirect the
output from szap to file, to check the data in /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 and so
on, but without any success. I am new in Linux and I already tried all my
few ideas.

Does anyone have any idea here?

Thanks,

Jiri