[linux-dvb] Re: Reception of raw TS or multiple PIDS

Hi

Robert Szelepcsenyi wrote:
Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
I'm using it to to stream between my receiver PC and my MPEG-4 Live
encoder/streamer box. I just wasn't aware that I could stream more than
one audio/video/text PID set.
May I ask, what kind of an encoder/streamer are you using? This is another
problem I'm researching now, i.e. HW/SW for real time transcoding of an
MPEG-2 stream into a low bandwidth MPEG-4 stream (up to 64kbit/s).
I'm using mp4live from MPEG4IP (mpeg4ip.sf.net). I wrote two modules
for mp4live to make it receive and decode a multicasted TS from dvbstream.
The source is planned to be released when ready however currently it
needs way to much CPU to scale the video resolution from the original
to something smaller that you definitely will need for 64kbps.

IMHO unless you plan to stream video with a VERY small video
geometry (practical useless), then streaming at 64kbps is
practical useless and lower frame rate won't help much.

--PMM
Peter Maersk-Moller
Ogg/Vorbis support for MPEG4IP. YUV12, XviD, AVI and MP4 support
for libmpeg2. See http://www.maersk-moller.net/projects/