[linux-dvb] Re: Question about audio/video synchronization (was : [vdr] Lip-Synchronisation)

Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Johannes Stezenbach writes:
>  > On Thu, Feb 13, 2003 at 03:53:29PM +0100, Régis Bossut wrote:
>  > > >This would help us [me] to understand why the sound is
>  > > > sometimes missing during reception and how to feed better the
>  > > > audio and video data during the playback.
>  >
>  > I have no sound problems in reception, and playback
>  > works reliable with VDR and ntuxplayer, provided the recorded
>  > streams are OK.
>
> I also have no problems with missing sound. On which channels can you
> observe this?
> There are sometimes problems with synchronization with low-bitrate
> MPEG1 files. This could be caused by PTS buffer overflows but I did
> not investigate this further.

Hm, don't know whether this belongs here, but I've seen missing sound
two or three times, too. I observed this on ARD using vdr 1.1.2x +
driver 2002-12-08. Sound was completely missing while picture was ok.
Switching to other channels worked without problems (picture+sound), but
it was impossible to get sound back on ARD without re-loading the
driver...

There are also some problems replaying recordings from the RTL
transponder (discussed ealier). The last time I encountered this with a
VOX recording from Feb 12th. If this happenes, the recording cannot be
replayed cleanly, neither with mplayer (-vo mpegpes) nor using vdr.
Nevertheless, the recordings seem to be ok. They play fine if you use
old firmware (from 0.9.4 driver) or mplayer with non-mpegpes output.

Oliver