[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel budget

Holger Waechtler wrote:
Emard wrote:

Could you please explain a little more in detail how you want to do this?

I'd cut-paste hardware 7146 diseqc ioctl related stuff from budget-core.c
to budget_diseqc.c, and modify budget.h and Makefile's accordingly.

In the next step, another diseqc hardware ioctl commands will go to another file: <hardware>_diseqc.c and it will be linked to budget-core
for making ttpci-budget kernel module

I think that it is more clean that budget-core contains just data stream transport functions around vpeirq, while access to different small hardware is done by linking another files.o for various hardware diseqc, video modules etc.

Exact separation patch for diseqc is attached below

looks good on a first glance.

When you're on it, could you please mark all external functions declared in the saa7146 header files with the 'extern' keyword?
don't worry about it, I applied the required changes to CVS while I added Budget IR support to the dvb-kernel driver.

Holger