[linux-dvb] Re: Budget card, c-band and 1.0.0-pre1

On Sat, 2003-02-15 at 03:01, Johannes Stezenbach wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 01:56:18AM +0930, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:
> > As I understand it I must give the utils the L-band frequency.  Now the
> > LOF for c-band is 5150, and the channel is 4000 giving an L-band
> > frequency of 1150Mhz.
>
> I don't think the LOF can be higher than the transponder's frequency.
> Double check your LNB's LOF and the transponder data, and that the
> LNB is suitable for the satellite you want to receive.

I am fairly sure that this is correct.  To get the frequency for c-band
you usually subtract the values the other way around.

Another way to look at it (perhaps) is that because these are
frequencies, a negative frequency is the same thing as the positibe
frequency (ie abs(frequency) is what matters).

I have thing sort of working now.  What I did was to connect the card to
the LNB loop on my existing set-top-box.  With the polarity set
correctly there I am getting my channels!  I don't know why it does not
work when the set-top-box is turned off etc.  Perhaps I have somekind of
voltage problem.

Things are working although not optimally.  VDR is even working.  (In
vdr I set the lof parameters to 0 and put in the L-band frequency and it
just worked.)

Anyway it is getting late here so I will go to bed.