[linux-dvb] Re: AV7110 stable protocol proposal

Emard wrote:
> shared RAM area will be divided in two disjunct ring buffers,
> one is for PC->ARM, other is ARM->PC. This will support
> even full-duplex operation.
>
> PC->ARM ring buffer should be 4-8 times smaller than ARM->PC
> because basically we will upload less and download more.

This is not neccessarily true:
- If vdr runs in timeshift-mode, you need about the same bandwidth
  for download and upload.
- When replaying a recording you need almost no download bandwidth.

Because DPRAM is a very limited ressource, it would be great to
resize the upload/download buffers dynamically.
This way throughput could be optimized.

Oliver