[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel budget tests

On Sat, Feb 15, 2003 at 07:48:09PM +0100, Ralph Metzler wrote:
> Emard writes:
>  > Stability tests with die-hard vpeirq garbage feed,
>  > fast reopening of frontend and network +- promisc
>  > have passed smoothly.
>
> Pure luck. See my other mail.
> Please write a program which opens and closes other filters and
> do the network test in parallel.
> I am quite certain that it will crash with the same kernel_bug()
> in schedule(), just in one of the semaphore call in the software
> filter this time.

I have conducted another series of tests on dvb-kernel
4 parallel processes:

0: szap -r zdf
1: dvb0_0 promisc on/off and hw ether redefine endless loop
2: dvb0_0 add/remove endless loop
3: alevt-date -vbi /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0 endless loop

There were plenty of race conditions possible.

dvb-kernel survived that test. Please post crashme
code sample which can attempt to cause the oops for
the budget modules.

Emard