[linux-dvb] Are there any efforts to build a linuxtv compatible (SkyStar2) B2C2 FlexCop2 driver?

dwe writes:
 > There is a linux driver http://www.esat.pl/sterowniki.html#skystar2 for the
 > TechniSat SkyStar 2 (B2C2 FlexCop2-Based). But it's not linuxtv compatible
 > and not open source. :-(
 >
 > I just wanted to ask, if anybody already started to reverse-engeneer this
 > driver to end up with a linuxtv compatible open source version someday?

I once started this (see my previous mail about this) but did not get
very far due to lack of time.

 > I guess this should be possible shouldn't it? Or is it too complicated to be
 > done by reverse engeneering?

No, it is not very complicated. There are many symbols left in
the object code which make it quite easy to understand the code.
It just is a lot of work ...

Ralph