[linux-dvb] Re: dvb-kernel budget tests

On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 10:33:45PM +0000, Franck Arnaud wrote:

> alps_bsrv2              3456   1
> dvb-ttpci-budget        6528   0 (unused)
> saa7146                 8744   0 [dvb-ttpci-budget]
> dvb-core               33572   3 [alps_bsrv2 dvb-ttpci-budget]
>
> dvb-kernel checkout is from 2003-02-09.
>
> dvbstream is from about same date, but it seems it has not changed
> so it should be like HEAD. I patched my version to comment out
> the "close (fd_frontend)"s so that it's closed at exit time
> (so I do not need the parameter that prevents frontend shutdown).
> It hanged in a similar way before this patch.

OK, everything is clear to me.

Your version is early vpeirq() version, there've been some changes
since then. but I think functionally all should be the same as current.

I haven't used dvbstream yet. I will compile and try.

Patching for non-closing FE should be OK

I'm using alps_bsrv2 on my budget-patch as well, so our setup
should be similar except diseqc which is different in my case.

I'll setup an test environment with dvbstream and see what I get.

Emard