[linux-dvb] Re: dvbtune problem on Redhat 8.0/Mandrake 9.0

On 24 Feb 2003, Franck Arnaud wrote:

> bigg:
>
> > I also had it returning data for not just one wrong transponder, but at
> > times it also returned the details for a totally different transponder..
>
> Could it be that the tune bit didn't work and this was the last
> successfully tuned transponder?

If I sit there and execute it repeatedly straight after it finishes, then
the same behaviour is observed. I used dvbtune (and the scan_uk script) a
number of months ago when I initially got my system setup and it worked
fine, picked up all the correct data from all the 6 transponders. It was
also working fine when the parameters of 4 of the uk transponders
changed. However, since then i've updated the driver a large number of
times, and updated dvbtune to the most recent version, however, like I
said, it used to work fine with no problems at all.

> BTW, it's valid for a multiplex to include info about a friend
> (for the SDT and NIT at least), but there is a marker that says
> whether the info is for current or other. If dvbtune does not
> check it, it could just get the first one that happens to appear
> in the stream at the time you run it.

I s'pose this would explain why the problem is occuring, but not why it
used to work fine and doesn't now.