[linux-dvb] Re: Using siemens DVB card to capture complete TS

tina.t.tan@philips.com wrote:

Dear Sir,

I am currently doing work which needs to capture complete transport stream including not only video/audio, but also data. I am using Siemens DVB card and the Red hat linux kernel version is 2.4.18. I want to know if the card has the function to capture complete transport stream. If it could, then how can I make it?
For this purpose you should use a cheap Nova or Budget PCI card which feeds the entire TS over the PCI bridge. You'll have to set up a filter with the magic PID 0x2000 to fetch the entire TS.

Another option is Emards patch for the Av7110 cards which connects the frontend's TS lines to unused GPIO pins of the SAA7146. Browse the mailing list archives for details.

Holger