[linux-dvb] Re: Compiling dvb-kernel

Hello Hagen,

I try to compile the actual dvb-kernel cvs Version (cvs download 20
minutes ago) to use under actual 2.5.63 kernel. Making and restarting
without problems.

I can't insert the dvb-ttpci module (oops).
I noticed this, too. Runtime insertion of the modules and in-kernel-compiled driver both don't work at the moment.

With loadable modules, you'll get an oops upon insertion, with the driver being compiled into the kernel, the driver will start up ok, but the first access to the video-part (ie. /dev/video0) will oops, too.

Perhaps some change in the PCI/module subsystem between .59 and .63 triggeres some bug. I'll investigate this.

CU
Michael.