[linux-dvb] SV: Re: Compilation under RedHat 8.0

I have installed under a redhat 8.0 kernel. Just recompile the kernel with loadable module support, + compile video for linux and i2c modules.

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: Jean-Michel POURE [mailto:jm.poure@freesurf.fr]
Skickat: Thursday, February 27, 2003 11:47 AM
Till: Holger Waechtler
Kopia: Alexandre CONRAD; linux-dvb@linuxtv.org
Ämne: [linux-dvb] Re: Compilation under RedHat 8.0

Le Jeudi 27 Février 2003 11:10, Holger Waechtler a écrit :
> Read the README and INSTALL file. When your distribution screwed up the
> kernel include files get a fresh and recent kernel from
> http://www.kernel.org/, configure + install this one before building the
> DVB driver.

I both read them. What I would like to do is create a set of RPMs for RedHat
8.0.

I don't care (yet) about the latest dev kernel, because it cannot be installed
as an RPM and will probably create dependency problems under RedHat 8.0 / 8.
1 installation.

Has anyone installed DVB under a RedHat stock kernel? if yes, please give us
more information on the list. For example, I need to know how to hack the
/usr/src/linux-2.4/configs files.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel