[linux-dvb] Re: FE SIGNAL AND SIGNAL STRENGTH

Antonio Mosquera Quindimil wrote:
I have a WinTv Hauppauge card under RedHat 7.3. I have
installed it in Windows where I can watch TV without
problems.Now, I have installed it in Linux.
I have run some simple code about the frontend and it
seems to be ok.
But my problems are that when I have to check if the
frontend has signal(first example of API), sometimes
it says that it has signal, but sometimes it says FE
HAS NO SIGNAL??. I have also tried to set a section filter and read
some data, but the length of the reading is -1( I
can't read anything)??.Could you give me an idea of
the problem??
Which is a normal value for the signal strength when
you use FE_READ_SIGNAL_STRENGTH??
Take a look on szap.c/czap.c/tzap.c in DVB/apps/szap/. These example aplpications are a good starting point to write your own zapping application.

Good SNR and signal strength values are in the range of 55-90% of the max. value 65536 (== 0xffff)

Holger