[linux-dvb] Re: MPEG Section CRC-32 error checking

Hi,

>Can someone give me an update on the current state of MPEG Section CRC-32
error checking.

>Is it done correctly in the DVB card hardware or the driver software and,
if so, what is
>seen by client software using the Section Filter API when the >CRC-32 check
fails?

The DVB layer provides software CRC checking. But it's up to the drivers to
provide hw accelerated CRC checking. AFAIK only the AViA GTX/eNX driver
(used on the D-BOX2 stb) provides such functions.

Bad sections will be silently dropped.

Bye,
   Florian