[linux-dvb] Re: My DVB-c patch (Re: The drivers and HTV)

Jaakko Hyvätti wrote:
On Thu, 6 Mar 2003, Holger Waechtler wrote:

can somebody of you please extract the relevant part of this patch?

It's ways too big and does ways too many things at once to get applied
to the CVS repository.

  Yes, it's time to get this cleaned up.  The patch below includes the
essentials.  I have not received complaints of my patch not working,
but who knows, there might be someone with a card that needs the current
CVS version and does not work with the patch.  We just cannot know until
we break them, do we?

  Some points:

- Disables zigzag for everything except DVB-s.  This is from Metzler
  driver.  Maybe someone with DVB-t needs it?  In that case change the
  "!= FE_QPSK" to "== FE_QAM".
- The IF of 35937500 might be better to be 36000000.  This might be
  what the card designer meant.  My card shows the AFC fine tuning
  offset to be closest to zero with 35937500 (one step below 36MHz).
  Some other cards might be different.  I have not heard of any complaints
  about my patch not working for someone in this respect.
I had the feeling that this offset changed from PLL to PLL. Unfortunally the VES1820 was used in connection with different PLLs.

- Has anyone ever tested this auto inversion thing?  DVB-c is far too slow
  to tune and lock for this auto inversion code to work.  Therefore you
  need to manually set it.
yes, it worked fine. Basically the problem is that some cards and STBs using the VES1820 have reverse connected I/Q pins between tuner and demod. So if we want to use the same channel lists for both we need to implement this auto inversion...

- QAM registers have been tweaked to non-specification values.  I do not
  know if someone has counterexamples, but this works for a lot of people.
ok, we'll try this.

Holger