[linux-dvb] Re: insmod error

Le Vendredi 7 Mars 2003 18:41, Holger Waechtler a écrit :
> Your kernel include files and kernel config don't match the running
> kernel. Please go to http://www.kernel.org/, get a fresh kernel,
> configure, build and install it properly and then rebuild the DVB driver
> from scratch. Read and follow the build instructions in file DVB/INSTALL.

IMHO, this is not a workable solution.

As an end-user, I would prefer a more intelligent ./configure script wich
adapts DVB to RedHat 8.0 and 8.1, rather than having to adapt RedHat distro
to DVB.

Are there Software incompatibilities in 2.4.x kernels which prevent DVB from
running perfectly? If this is the case, I will have to admit we should
install a fresh kernel.

My Nexus-S card is still not installed. I am prepared to make an RPM as soon
as someone confirms it is possible to compile. Until now, I was unable to
compile.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel