[linux-dvb] Re: pinnacle pctv sat

Lars Täuber wrote:
Hi everybody,

I own a such a digital sat card. I vought it some time ago, when the first time the driver was mentioned on this list.
last week i downloaded both drivers (metzler + convergence), both sources do not include the dirver into the compile run (Makefile).

As far as I know the driver was ported to the current api. Is anobody working on it?
Can someone tell me the status of this driver in any tree?
Please check out the dvb-kernel tree in CVS. Since this driver is pretty new we did not yet merged it into the release source tree.

You'll have to check it out using:

$ cvs -d :pserver:anonymous@linuxtv.org:/cvs/linuxtv co dvb-kernel
$ cd dvb-kernel/

now you'll have to apply the bt878 patches in directory linux/drivers/media/dvb/bt8xx/patches/ to your kernel source, then enable bttv video4linux support and rebuild+install your kernel.

Now, for 2.4 kernels:

$ cd build-2.4/
$ make clean && ./getlinks && make

to load the drivers: